Friday, March 20, 2015

Birthday Cake


I made my own birthday cake this year, and I say that with JOY!  I like to make cakes, but I didn't want to have an entire cake around for just the DH and me.  (The pan of Rice Krispy treats he just made for me, I'm willing to keep those all to myself!) 

Recently, I had some friends over to share a Wu-Wo ceremony, and it was the perfect excuse to make this cake.  The fancy bundt cake pan in the swirl shape came from my library.  Love that concept!

The confection is called Day of Wine and Roses Cake.  It's super moist as it should be, with both pudding mix and sour cream added to the batter. It includes both chocolate chips and melted bittersweet chocolate.  It's perfect for the bundt pan and needs no icing. I don't recall where I got the recipe and I can't find it online, so it's a bit of a mystery.  If you've heard of it, let me know!  

Happy Spring!  Happy Equinox! 

12 comments:

relevanttealeaf said...

Your birthday cake looks yummy, Steph! Wishing you a Happy B-day tomorrow, and many tea-filled blessings in the year ahead. ~ Phyllis

Margie said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Spring, Steph! I'd love to have a piece of your delicious cake.

Inspired but Tired said...

A beautiful cake for a beautiful woman! Have an amazing birthday!

Linda Jennings said...

Beautiful cake, and I know it was delicious. Happy Birthday!

Snap said...

Happy Birthday! Gorgeous cake.

Antiques And Teacups said...

Happy Birthday! And the cake looks and sounds wonderful!
Ruth

Quinn said...

What fun to find an item from our Library's bakeware collection popping up in your blog!

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

Happy Birthday! How nice you were able to celebrate and share your beautiful cake with your tea friends.

Anonymous said...

Your cake looks delicious! I need that recipe.

Anodyne said...

Beautiful cake and belated happy March birthday wishes. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one partial to those Rice Krispie Treats. :-) Love the pictures of the Japanese sweets--so beautiful.I've been craving green teas more and more too of late, turning with the season even though ours is still not very spring-like.

Angela McRae said...

Well, sheesh, I've missed yet another tea friend's birthday. But fortunately it's not too late to wish you a wonderful new year ahead! (And your cake is lovely!)

Rosemary said...

Happy Birthday! That cake looks and sounds fabulous!