Friday, May 23, 2014

Ten Ren Tea in Taipei, Taiwan


In Taiwan, the retail tea company Ten Ren is a big deal. (You may also see it called Tenfu Tea.)  We visited a shop during the Taiwan Tea Tour.  The first floor was retail, including teas, equipment and tea snacks. Upstairs was a restaurant (a future post!) and a tea school.  The company is associated with Tenfu Tea College and the Lu Yu Institute.

Here are some of the beauties I found browsing in the retail part of the shop.



Ten Ren also has shops in North America. Like any good retail shop, they sell tea and equipment in a range of price points and qualities.  One of my favorite aspects was the tea snacks.  I came home with black tea-walnut chewy candies.  Do you know Ten Ren teas?



5 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

Oh I would have loved visiting this shop. That blue set is just gorgeous. What fun to find snacks to bring home too. It's those little things that make a trip like this even more special.

La Tea Dah said...

What a fun looking shop! I enjoyed viewing the photos of the displays. Inviting colors and so organized! I have not heard of this shop in North America. I love the teasets! And the tea treats sound delicious too!

UmbralQueen said...

So many pretties!! I really liked the blue teapot :)

Angela McRae said...

I do believe I've heard of this company, and mercy, what a shop! Those teapots ... those snacks ... and a restaurant too? Can't wait to hear more!

Rosemary said...

This looks like a great stop! I've enjoyed a quick visit to Ten Ren in NYC. Although I didn't purchase anything special, my sister tried the bubble tea.