Friday, March 28, 2014

Teapot (Head) Under Here

I think he's found his look!

That's my good friend D. I think the look suits him to a "tea"!  I love that he wore this and owned it, and not for a few seconds, either.  For a good long while!  

The tea cosy itself is a project that's been half finished for over a year.  I'm so glad that I can add it to the "done" list.  Every time I look at it, I smile.  I love the whimsy.  The idea came from Bend the Rules Sewing by Amy Karol.  It's linen fabric with a vibrant turquoise flannel lining inside.  I sandwiched thermal batting in the middle.  The bias tape binding on the bottom was made by sewing goddess CO Tea Lover. I really love how the tea cosy turned out, and especially how it's worn!

Billy Connolly — "Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on."

4 comments:

Teafan said...

You have really fun friends!

Rosemary said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Do visit this post - they would all be good friends!
http://therosemaryhouse.blogspot.com/2009/09/never-trust-man-who.html P.S. Don't you love it when you can cross a project off of the 'to do' list!?

Angela McRae said...

Your tea cozy turned out just lovely, and your friend D. makes me smile!

Marilyn Miller said...

Oh "D" does know how to wear a cozy. You did a fantastic job and loved seeing it up close and personal recently.