Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Vintage Embroidered Tea Tablecloth


I received this vintage embroidered tea tablecloth as a Christmas gift.  I love it!  There is a vignette on each corner, with crocheted-edge lacing all around. 

I enjoy thinking of the woman (I assume) who did the beautiful needlework.  Did she make this for use in her home or as a gift?  What drew her to these colors?  How long did it take her to complete?  Did she ever prick her finger?  My questions go on and on...what a story I can imagine!
   
It was very fun to find things I owned to accent the tablecloth.  It became a table setting full of memories.  I pulled out a tea tin that the DH and I had purchased (full of jasmine tea) on our honeymoon in San Francisco.  :-)  The candlesticks are from a potter in New Mexico. 

6 comments:

Rosemary said...

sweet... very sweet!

Snap said...

I love embroidery and hand thrown pottery. Wonderful!

Linda Jennings said...

i have a few embroidered pieces by my Aunt Mary. Although none of them are tea-themed, I treasure the ones I have. Thanks for sharing.

relevanttealeaf said...

Love your tea-themed embroidered tablecloth. What a wonderful Christmas present. How special that you saved the tin that contained Jasmine tea from your honeymoon. Very special post!

Marilyn Miller said...

I have a weakness for vintage linens and this is just lovely. How fun to play around with the tablecloth, tin, and candle sticks.

Angela McRae said...

Gorgeous tablecloth! Like you, I always invent stories in my head about the previous owner of such a vintage piece. Somehow, I always know I'd *like* the person! ;)